The ultimate goal of SEO is to help businesses generate more leads and sales. But, google constant updates have made SEO a hot button for many companies. In 2019, it came with the BERT search algorithm. The intention here was to enable searches to mimic human behaviours. Recently, on May 4th, google releases another dossier called “May 2020 core update”. Still, this effect touches all businesses, whether you are a search bigwig or brand new.
Small and medium business need not worry being wiped out of the search engine results pages. The SEO team at https://rankglider.com are here to cater for your visibility online. Rankglider Media ask a few questions before they decide an SEO strategy for your small and medium businesses. These include:
How does your business get inner workings of Google algorithms? Additionally, is your site finding “money” keywords that drive customers to your site?
Then, is your content up to date?
Again, are you link -building to a relevant website?
Answering such questions helps the team to decipher the complex and secret algorithm Google uses. But, don’t fret because in this article you’ll learn them today. Here, we’ll break the three pillars of ranking:
- Website relevancy
- Quality of your site.
Let’s find them out
1. Focus on your content
Presenting to your audience a website with thin content will not attract clicks. Besides, your website will struggle if you have a post with low counts or low-quality content.
But, that makes sense since Google wants to show searchers with meaningful information. In other words, immerse yourself and provide your audience with original details. Go ahead and deliver valuable and comprehensive posts. Your content quality should also corroborate with the Google core updates.
2. Clear errors and broken links
We all know that links stay forever, unlike posts and pages. Likewise, they became nudnik when they don’t point to your website anymore. Stand out from the crowd by performing this simple SEO task more often. You can use a broken link checker plug-in to check and unlink them.
3. Make a Mobile-friendliness website
According to Statista, mobile users constitute half of the web traffic in mid-2020. With this in mind, your SEO priorities should split 50-50 to cater to both markets. A mobile-friendliness site has readable text and clickable links.
Some of the SEO tips here include:
- Use a framework to scale your site pages to any device.
- Apply responsive themes
- Make your menus simple
- Cut pop-ups on a mobile version
- speed should be your priority
4. You need a fast website
Nobody loves to hang around the site with snail speed pages. Likewise, It will impact your business revenue. Usually, the loading speed of your website depends on factors like:
- Hosting company
- Large images
- Plug-ins and Apps
You’ll need to fire up your site to launch like a rocket. Some few SEO tips for a performing website include:
- Run a webpage taste. It will give you a more particular insight that is derailing your website speed. To be sure, head over to google page speed insight and input your URL.
- You can also get more speed insight with Pingdom
- Use cloud- flare to supercharge your website.
- Upgrade your hosting plan. Let’s assume that you are receiving tens of thousands of visitors per month. Here, you’ll need to use a more expensive hosting plan to cater to your growing demands.
- Minify your CSS and HTML files. In particular, you need to remove unnecessary comments and white spaces.
- Use an image compression tool to reduce their sizes without compromising quality.
- Use only one analytical program. Here, when you add another analytical code to your website, it slows down.
5. Brainstorm and rank for the most profitable keywords
In your SEO marketing strategy, keywords are one of the most crucial sections to check. First of all, your initial stage is to brainstorm your business products. Here, you’ll write these keywords that describe your business -“seed” keywords. For example, a marketing agency can use SEO or digital marketing.
Next, immerse yourself in your audience’s shoes and assume you are them. For example, an SEO company might help customers solve a few problems they are facing. For instance, customers might type his question, such as “SEO tips for small businesses.”
Additionally, you can get more keywords from the Google search console. Here, you will get more keywords that your website is already ranking.
Moreover, you have more options since you can:
- Check your competitor keywords using SEMrush. Here, you’ll check if they are using key-phrases you plan to rank.
- If your business is a location base, check search volume and competition level for the area. Here, you can use SEMrush tool to do all the research.
Once you have your keywords and phrases, explore the profitable ones. Here, you need to consider search volume, competition, and cost per click (CPC). Usually, the secret is to choose key- phrases that you can win (low competition) and are worth (high volume).
6. Get backlinks from popular and authoritative sites
Often, Google prefers websites with a lot of links pointing at that business. For example, MOZ bar chrome extension shows top sites have more backlinks. The best way forward is to nose around at your competitor and see their backlinks. Next, analyze the quality one, then use them on your website.
7. Structure and organize your website
Usually, it is SEO advisable to have a good structure for your business website. Here, you’ll improve your ranking possibility and helps visitors access core content. That is to say, you need to arrange your pages, have categories, and sub-pages. For example:
Page -Digital marketing
- Content marketing
- How to guide
8. Think about a social signal
When we talk about the social signal, it relates to your webpage’s general likes and shares. Generally, a social signal will impact your SEO because it contributes to visibility. As a small business, it’s time to integrate it as part of your SEO marketing strategy.
9. Use a friendly URL
In particular, you need to come up with a friendly web address that is easy to read. Here, we are talking about a web address that uses words that describe the content of the webpage. It helps visitors remember your site.
10. Use enticing Meta description
Sometimes a visitor will click on your link and ignore the top ones because you have what he needs. In this case, you’re in a better position if more visitors like your Meta description. In most cases, Google will notice that and do you a ranking favor.
To sum up, the domain age also plays a crucial role in SEO ranking math. Maybe, this is as a result of history. So, avoid opening new ones, and instead use the old domain you have.